Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help In perl programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

clivehu

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2001
US
I need to write a program which does not use the client/server model. This program reads a line from the terminal, call a function to process the line, and then write the results back to the terminal.
The input line should have the format of: OPERATOR:STRING where the operators indicated operations to be performed on the string.
The operators are: r to reverse the order of the string, and c to reverse the case of the letters (change uppercase to lowercase and lowercase to uppercase).
The function that processes the line will return a result in the same character array followed by a new line.

Could someone please give me a clue as to how I should start.I am new to PERL.Any help will be appreciated.

ThanX:)

Clive

"character array"? Must be a C programmer! :) Tracy Dryden
tracy@bydisn.com

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard.

looks like an assignment to me :) Mike
michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com
Email welcome if you're in a hurry or something -- but post in tek-tips as well please, and I will post my reply here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back