Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help in Office 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedew1

Programmer
Oct 26, 2005
DE
hello,
Is it Possible that I will use Office Help without Network Connection ??- In our Company People don't have the network Connection.
Pherhaps there is any help to install on Local Computers

???

bue,
sorry for my english

When you install Office help files are automatically installed. If you are installing on machines with no network connectivity make sure you do a FULL INSTALL, rather than the typical install that is recommended.

Starting in Outlook (I haven't tried elswhere since the setting applies to all Office programs apparently) go to
Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options > Service Options.
In the service options dialog select Online Content and there is a checkbox to Show content and links from Microsoft office Online. I assume that if you uncheck this then MSO will not attempt to go online.

Help in Office 2003 is, how shall I put it, not very good. By default it needs a web connection. In theory you can use local help files - but I'm not sure if they get installed by default.

Press F1. In the Task Pane, click on "Online Content Settings". In the dialog, uncheck "Show content and links from Microsoft Office online". Close the dialog and restart Word.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back