Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help, Importing Photoshop to QuarkXPress

Status
Not open for further replies.

amberjena

Technical User
Aug 12, 2006
US
I've just had to switch back to Quark after using InDesign for awhile. What is the best way to solve this problem:

I have a Photoshop picture. I need to cut an image out from it's background. Then I need to save and import this image to QuarkXPress 6.5, so that the image comes through with no background (transparent background).

What is the best way to cut it out? And which file type should I save it as to import best to Quark: Tiff, EPS, etc?

Thank you thank you for any advice or suggestions because I'm drawing a blank...

...with 6.5 you can import psd files using the downloadable extension, i believe it doesn't support transparency though, unlike indesign...

...the way you cut it out will depend on the image and it's background, the usual way is to use the pen tool and setting to a clipping path, saving as either tif, eps or jpeg. I would save it as a tif or eps in general. NOTE: You can get better previews in quark when saving as an eps from photoshop and selecting the jpeg preview option in the drop down menu...

...if you do want a gradual blend from the subject to its background, it is often created and composited in photoshop first, flattened and saved...

...indesign is far better at utilizing the psd format and alpha masks...

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back