Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help!! - Import Problem - Driving me CRAZY

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomus1

Technical User
May 15, 2001
US
I am attempting to use the Visual Integrator to import bill of materials from Access.

The Main Item is not showing up in BM1_BillMaterialsHeader instead I am getting a deleted record
All of the component line items are showing up in
BM2_BillMaterialsDetail

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

This is a difficult question to answer without seeing the import, however, here are a couple of things to check out.

1). There are two Bill of Material files you can import into in Visual Integrator. Be sure you select the BM.BILLNOP for your file name.

2). If you do not have 'Header information included in detail line' checked then on the Records tab you need to be sure to identify which record is the header. If you do have 'Header information included in detail line' boxed checked then don't worry about this.

I hope this helps!

support provider of MAS90/200 and Crystal Reports

Thanks for trying to help me.

I am using M90. When I go to VI to write the import routine, I do not see a BM.BILLNOP only a BM.BILL
is there a patch or something that I need to find that will give me the BM.BILLNOP??

What Version of MAS90 are you using?

support provider of MAS90/200 and Crystal Reports

Thanks for responding
M90 V3.31

That is a pretty old version. I would recommend upgrading to a newer version. If you can't then I would suggest using Import Master. The limited number of times I did use Visual Integrator on this version it was never a pleasant experience. Visual Integrator was fairly new on that version and had a lot of issues. I know this is probably not the answer you want but believe me it will save you a tremendous amount of headaches. And if you do upgrade do not use your existing import you must create a brand new one. Also on version 3.50 and above there is a BM.BILLNOP and a BM.BILL be sure to use the BM.BILLNOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back