Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help..IIS got screwed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweta

Programmer
Apr 1, 2003
IN
Hi there,

I used the commands net stop iisadmin/y and net stop w3svc to stop IIS.
But after stopping it IIS isn't starting no matter whatever I do. I used net start iisadmin/y and net start w3svc. But to no avail and iis isn't working even after I rebooted my machine.
Can anybody tell me what went wrong and how to fix it.I have windows 2000 pro with IIS 5.0.

thanks,
Sweta

try the IIS forum
forum41

1H 1K 10 3D 3F 3E 3K 38 3J 10 1T 10 3G 3L 3I 35 10 35 3O 33 35 3C 3C 35 3E 33 35

brickyard.jpeg
Most intense event I ever attended!

Ñâåòà,

Try this: first, open the IIS management console: Start..Settings..Control Panel..Administrative Tools..Internet Service Manager. Right-click on your computer and select restart IIS option. See if it throws any error messages.
If it doesn help, go to Services: Start..Settings..Control Panel..Administrative Tools..Services. Right-click on "World Wide Web Publishing Service" and select Restart option. Watch for error messages. You can check error descriptions in the Event Viewer: Start..Settings..Control Panel..Administrative Tools..Event Viewer. Click on System log and see what errors were thrown in the right pane. Actualy, you can go there first before restarting IIS and clear all event (for a fresh start) by right-clicking on System Log and selecting Clear all Events option.

onpnt was right. ASP forum isn't the place for IIS questions. And onpnt... I was at the Brickyard too. Isn't it great?

RudeJohn

RudeJohn,
Cool! I still have goose bumps from it.

1H 1K 10 3D 3F 3E 3K 38 3J 10 1T 10 3G 3L 3I 35 10 35 3O 33 35 3C 3C 35 3E 33 35

brickyard.jpeg
Most intense event I ever attended!

Thanks for the star, but did it help?

Ofcourse LV.. it helped and thats why you got that star.Thanx.

Sorry guys for troubling you with IIS question but I think IIS related problem get attended better in ASP forums.

Have a nice day!!
Sweta

Sweta,
i looked in the IIS forum for your post but couldn't find it, but i had the same problem, couldn't start or stop IIS, and either way it was a dead stick.

search the forums in IIS and in this one for my posting "IIS Dead" the issue, resolution, resources(HA), and reasons are in the postings.

hope the info helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back