Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!! I cannot access IIS anymore!!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

melospawn

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2001
DE
Hi, I have W2000 Server with IIS 5.0 & SP2

It all was OK until I had to remove IIS from machine. When I did so, AD stopped working, so I used dcpromo to kit domain controler.
After that I added AD with DC and IIS. But if I go to MMC and open IIS it tells me that I don't have rights to view them. If I look under services the IIS Adm. Service is initialized, but cannot see the properties again because I don't have rights.

Can someone help me please, I really need some help.

I use a user who is Administrator & Domain Adm.

Thanks in advance Carpe Diem.
Carmelo Lopez-Portilla
CCNA, MCP
e-mail:clopez@infoport.digitainer.com

did you use the local admin account or a account that is a member of the domain admin groep?
regards

Wouter

I used a user who was in both of the groups. Why?¿

Thansk a lot Carpe Diem.
Carmelo Lopez-Portilla
CCNA, MCP

i was thinking maybe, due to the fact of the reconfiguration of the AD, The SID of the user accounts changed and maybe that was the reason why it wasn't working anymore, that's why maybe the localadmin account still has the necessary user rights to do this.

Something else, can you check under wich useraccount the services are running, or can't you view this information due to the restrictions, otherwise if this is not the system account, you can try with this one, or you can try to change this one. Don't know if it will help, it's just an idea

greetings

Wouter Leysen

Hi Wouter Leysen,

Thanks a lot for your time. I finally decided to format the system (was only a computer for tryrouts) and install w2000 server on a clean system.

But I guess If this happens to me again I will try that

Thansk a lot
Carpe Diem.
Carmelo Lopez-Portilla
CCNA, MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back