Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP: How to change the phone number in night service

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigliu

Technical User
Apr 16, 2010
CA
We use SX-200 ICP and MiTEL SuperSet 4150. Now we need to change the phone number that in night answer all calls are forwarded to. (This number is external, public telephone number. While night service, all calls will be forwarded to this number.)

How to change this telephone number either in SX-200 ICP or MiTEL 4150? Thanks for any reply.

Still look forward to any response for this question. I have searched all past posts in this forum, and I can not find useful info for this questions.

Our night service is setup in this way: all calls are forwarded to a voice mail, the caller will hear a message, that says: "Thank you..., if you want to A, please press 1; if you want to B, ...". If the caller press 1, then the call will be automatically forwarded to an external telephone number.

Now this external telephone number has been changed. How can I change this telephone number in order that it'll be forwarded to new telephone number?

It is urgent for me. Thanks for any help.

Not enough information. Usually the night answer positions ar programmed in the CALL reroutIng FORM

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

If the old number was programmed as a system abbreviated dial number you change it in form 31. What extension number does option 1 in your VM point to? You need to find out the following information:
1. Where does option 1 send the call and how is it sent? Is it sent directly to a system abbreviated dial number or is it sent to an extension that is call forwarded always to a system abbreviated dial number. Is it sent to "0" which in Night 2 is a Speed call? More than likely it's being sent out via a speed call of some kind, so find that speed call and change the number.

"The only problem with common sense is that it's not that common

I have never replied to a Post before so here goes - it sounds like callers are routed to a voicemail box (Nupoint?) when the system is in Night Service and the caller then hears options to select where they want to go to. This sounds like Call Director? If so, the number can be changed in the Call Flow menu of the Call Director section on the NuPoint system for the extension that Night service routes to. Could be wrong, but reading the Post this is what it sounds like to me. Hope this helps.

Thanks very much.

In form 31 I find the old telephone number and I replace this number with our new telephone number. I hope it'll solve my problem.

I'm very happy that I can always obtain a solution from this Forum whenever I encounter a problem for our MiTEL devices. I'm learning from your replys. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back