Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help - How Does BO Store BO Reports in Infoview on the App Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenMerc

MIS
Jun 9, 2005
US
Hi,

I am trying to create a backup of existing reports in infoview, which I did not create. Does anyone know how I can find these reports (the naming convensions), since they do not exist on the app server with *.rep.

I greatly appreciate your assistance.

Check the webserver that is used. I'll bet they are there..

Ties Blom

Take a look on the INPUT and OUTPUT services on your BOE-XI infrastructure....

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\FileStore\Input

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\FileStore\Output

If they are full client reports they will have a .rep extension but if they are webi developed reports they have a .wid extension.

[bandito] [blue]DBomrrsm[/blue] [bandito]

[blue]Software code, like laws and sausages, should never be examined in production[/blue][black] - [/black][purple]Edward Tenner[/purple]

We have to be much more specific here. If you are using 6.x, the extensions are there, but the file names are not visible at all. You have to read the index.dat files to findout how to translate the numbers into names.

If you are on XI, you're dead in the water. There is no good way that I know of to find the reports as they are pretty much scrambled.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

You can do it on XI but it involves looking at the object in the cmc where the filename is displayed. Unfortunately it will look something like this

frs://Input/a_199/040/000/10439/cdzbd4468a488b55126.wid

so you would have to map each file manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back