Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help....How do I make my pages html pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggil

Technical User
Oct 4, 2007
US
Hello,

I am new to Adobe Photoshop and need some help please.... How do I......

1. Change my adobe Photoshop site from a Image to html pages.....

2. How do I link things?
3. How do I swap out photo's
4. Insert a Image

Thank you and God bless
Joseph

I don't mean to sound bad or anything. But what you're asking is for requires detailed explanations of each. A simple search from Photoshops help menu on HTML will give you most of the answers you need, as it's not as straightforward as it seems. I recommend you open up the help files and print them out, then if you get stuck on any particular part then you should come back and ask about that. As far as I know it's not that straightforward.

But a much better tool for this task is a program called SITEGRINDER, if you're not sure how to do it from Photoshop. These days a web designer needs to know XHTML code and CSS and Photoshop.

SITEGRINDER may be able to get you going with your project, but it appears you need to brush up on the basics before you start doing it in Photoshop.

Just trying to help. :D

get dreamweaver and learn it.

or use the slice tool and cut out areas that require more compression or less compression. Cut out buttons and graphical links. Then switch to image ready built into photoshop in cs. and go to help files its all there. You can also make css built in with image ready.

Photoshop is an image manipulation tool and is not really suitable for creating web pages. I know there are various options for creating web pages within PS but many other software packages have this capability too.

You need a program in which you can edit HTML to create the web page itself and then the images created in PS can be added to those pages. It is a steep learning curve but well worth the effort.

Keith

While the other tools mentioned here are ideal, additional expense is not necessary. Try googling for Kompozer or Nvu for a free web page editor that can work with the graphics produced in Photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back