Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP How can I show 2 subreps inthe same section without overlapp? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorein

Programmer
Oct 21, 2003
MX
Hi

I'm using crystal reprots 8.5
I make a report with 2 subreports in the same section, but these subreports are overlap.
I try to resolve this issue inserting a new page after the report footer of the first subreport ,and add a new page after the report header of the second subreport, but it doesn't work. I tried another options inserting new pages in several sections of the subreports but the 2 reports are trying to be printed at the same time!

There is a way to indicate which subreport will be printed first?? or something to do in order to resolve this problem

thanks for your help!!!!

Lorein....

The only way to do what you want is to insert a new section and put the second report in that new section. Right-click in the section in the grey area to the left of your data. Select "Insert Section Below". This will give you a new section at the same level as the original section. You can move your second subreport to this new section and it will print when the first one is done. Because the new section is at the same level as the original one, it's in the same grouping as the original and should print where and when you want it.

-D

You can also have two subreports side by side, if they do not overlap.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Hi hilfy,

That is the approach I took, but for some reason, the second subreport always starts on a new page. I have looked through the two reports and sections and removed all of the keep together clauses, but the second report still won't start until the next page. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim.

The subreport itself has a [Keep Object Together] option, accessed from the main report which views it as a field with a format. Have you checked that?

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Why do you not want to use multiple sections?? That would take care of the problem right off!

David

As you can see in hilfy's post I am using two sections (Report Footer a and Report Footer b to be exact). Even after doing that, the second sub report was still starting on a new page until (as Madawc pointed out) I unchecked the "Keep Object Together" box on the subreport itself from the container report. Hope that clears things up.

Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back