Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help hiding non-selected form data from the report

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcloud

Programmer
Sep 20, 2000
US
I have created a form using drop-down menue's for the person to select from several tables & then I created a query to get aditional info on the items on the form and then the macro transfers it to a report but what if the person does'nt select an item and leaves that drop down box empty. Then I don't want the report to show the item. plus the query dosen't work when one of the fields is empty. Do I use some sort of filter hiding that item when it is empty "null" I have tried the help files for items that are null or not null and that only shows me how to find fields that eather does or does not have anything in them. I want the query, macro & report to ignore that field if it is not filled out. I have recieved help from this forum before & it has helped me greatly. Hopefuly if I get good at this stuff I can return the favor. thanks!!!!!

You might try this in your queries criteria

Like xxxxx & "*"

the xxxxx's are your field on the form or whatever your criteria happens to be.
Now if the item is blank on the form it will still return something.

DougP, MCP
dposton@universal1.com

Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back