Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdia

MIS
May 23, 2002
US
Hello,

I am using access2k and I did it. mdb size has reached 2gb and db locked up i think. I can't open or access in anyway what so ever. try import from new table and use compact and repair and don't do any good. What should I do?

Is there anyway to access the data without upgrade it to sql server???

Please help, Thanks.

^^

I suggest posting your question in the ACCESS forum since that's what it's about. You'll get better responses there.

-SQLBill

If your database has reached that size, you really need to convert to SQL server or ORacle or some other db designed for large files.

However, to address your immediate problem, I have had some success with Access when it won't behave, by opening a new database and importing the tables from the old one, one at a time. Maybe this will work in your case, I don't know as I never let an Access table reach that size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back