Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help getting started with Perl, Apache, WinNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

acdheeler

Programmer
Jul 12, 2000
US
New to Perl & Apache, wondering if one of you experts can help a newbie get started...<br><br>Apache webserver on WinNT 4.0 Server<br><br>ActiveState Perl installed in C:\Apache\Perl<br><br>Relevant statements from my httpd.conf file.<br><br>AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl<br>Alias /perl/ &quot;C:/Apache/perl/&quot;<br>ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ &quot;C:/Apache/cgi-bin/&quot;<br>&lt;Directory &quot;C:/Apache/cgi-bin&quot;&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;AllowOverride None<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Options None<br>&lt;/Directory&gt;<br><br><br>Can access the perl directory with the url: <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> this simple perl script together:<br><br>#!/perl<br>print &quot;Content-type: text/html\n\n&quot;;<br>print &quot;&lt;h1&gt;Hello world&lt;/h1&gt;&quot;;<br><br>Returns a HTTP 500 Error.<br><br>This is the entry from the error.log file:<br><br>[Tue Aug 08 21:59:42 2000] [error] [client 207.102.61.61] (2)No such file or directory: couldn't spawn child process: c:/apache/cgi-bin/hello.pl<br><br>This has got to be simple and I've looked all over perl.com and activestate.com and apache.org and... anyway, I'd appreciate any help you can give.<br><br>TIA.<br><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back