Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help getting started (Video capture SDK required)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrian

Programmer
Sep 7, 2005
GB
Good morning all,

My company is currently looking to add a HD camcorder to their current recording software and as such we are looking for a Video Capture SDK to plug in to our existing software which will stream direct from the camcorder to the PC via a HDMI cable.

I have been tasked with finding a good HD camcorder at a reasonable price (being nudged in the direction of Canon as we have had a good working relationship with the G10 Digital Camera to date) and an SDK which will complement it and can be plugged into our current system with minimal work required.

Obviously this is my job and I'm certainly not asking anyone to do it for me, but I wondered if anyone here either knew anything about Video Capture SDKs or could point me in the direction of people who would have had experience of using them?

Visioforge, Lead Technologies and VISCOM are all very prominent for downloads on Google searches and I have found a few others, but reviews of the companies and their products are more difficult to come by.

Thanks for your time.

~Ben
"Insert witty statement here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back