Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help getting form values submitted by javascript into an ASP function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

questhaven

Programmer
Mar 28, 2001
US
Hi there - I would really appreciate any help anyone could give me. I am trying to get the value of the drop down in the form below, which I am submitting using javascript, and use it within an ASP function, prior to submitting the results of that ASP function to the opening page. I have included my code below. The form value would need to go between the code that says "##FORM VALUE NEEDS TO BE HERE##".

Is this even possible? I feel like I have tried everything!

<HEAD>
<%templateMSG= parseTokens(##FORM VALUE NEEDS TO BE HERE##, 743,3 ,0,0)%>
<script language=javascript>
function sendValue(s){
var selvalue = s.options[s.selectedIndex].value;
top.opener.document.NoteForm.message.value = ' <%=templateMSG%> ';
}
</script>
</HEAD>
<body>
<%
dim txtTemplate
Response.Write(&quot;<form name=selectform>&quot;)
Response.Write(&quot;<INPUT type=&quot;&quot;hidden&quot;&quot; name=&quot;&quot;action&quot;&quot; value=&quot;&quot;2&quot;&quot;>&quot;)
Response.Write(&quot;<INPUT type=&quot;&quot;hidden&quot;&quot; name=&quot;&quot;winOpen&quot;&quot; value=&quot;&quot;&quot;&quot;>&quot;)
txtTemplate = cboGenericDropDownDetails(&quot;0&quot;, &quot;txtTemplate&quot;,&quot;&quot;,&quot;exec sql_Templates&quot;)
txtTemplate = cboGenericDropDownSelect(txtTemplate, templateID)
Response.Write(&quot;<P>Choose a template: &quot; & txtTemplate & &quot; <input type=button value=&quot;&quot;Add&quot;&quot; onClick=&quot;&quot;sendValue(this.form.txtTemplate);&quot;&quot;>&quot;)
Response.write(&quot;</form>&quot;)
%>
</body>

ASP doesn't work that way.
read
faq333-3048
colo red]Reference 3[/color]

then I would go to forum333 to ask for help on the process in which to get around it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back