Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help, for God's sake HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valen

ISP
Dec 5, 2000
US
I purchased Winodows Xp Professional and half way through the installation it can no longer find my Superdisk drive or my Pioneer DVD, this is problem because it renders my system useless. What do I do? Is there a patch??? Thanks
All great discoveries are made by mistake.

Justin N. Bishop
Webmaster
TIB, Inc.

jbishop@tib.com

Whoa!

I am a big Superdisk user myself. I haven't tried XP or Win2K on a machine with an IDE LS-120 drive yet though.

I can tell you that I have a parallel-port Superdisk external drive working on a Win2K system, and a USB LS-120 external drive (actually a camera - Panasonic PalmCam SD-4090 that attaches as a USB drive and not a camera) working on XP.

The parallel drive had drivers for Win2K at Imation's web site. haven't check re. WinXP yet.

The camera had Win2K drivers at Panasonic's web site, but I had to coerce the driver to work under XP. It is working just fine though. If interested see:

But I dunno about an IDE drive yet - my IDE Superdisk drives are still on NT 4 machines.

As far as your DVD drive, I can't help much except suggest you try news://microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware and look for similar problems and possible workarounds. Use msnews.microsoft.com as your mail server if need be.

Valen,

I have a Pioneer 116 DVD drive which seems to be working fine so far with RC2 (not that this helps *you* much of course!). XP auto-detected it and used it's own internal drivers.

Perhaps, assuming both devices are IDE, it is more a function of the motherboard/32bit IDE device drivers that is the problem. Have a look for BIOS/motherboard firmware updates as a potential fix for that problem I'd say. I remember waaaaay back with OS/2 3.0 - it used to have a similar issue with certain types of IDE devices together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back