Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help for an extreme newbie to PS7

Status
Not open for further replies.

caltrask55

Technical User
Jun 16, 2003
US
Hey all. I feel so stupid asking this but I have searched and searched and can't find any clear help on the net.

I am trying to make a "blend" or a Banner with different images from different pictures. I would love for it to all look nice and seamless. I see them all over the net, especially at fan sites (for TV shows or celebrities). If anyone could just point me in the right direction as to where there may be some tips (or someone to hold my hand) that would be so helpful. I'm so clueless when it comes to PS7.

Ack! One more question! When I use my pen tool and outline something, the object becomes whatever color is chosen. I completely lose the actual object detail. Any idea how I can keep it "transparent" so I can actually see what I'm working on? Thanks so much!

Hi,

The blending is created from utilising layer masks. Read up on those here: FAQ229-1962

As for the pen tool, the only thing you can do in photoshop is make a solid image. If you want to be able to see what's underneath you will have to reduce the opacity so you can see what's going on under it.

Hope this helps!

Nate

mainframe.gif

Hi
Just on the pen question....it sounds like you are using the pen with the 'shape layer' option selected. If you use it with 'Paths' selected then there is no fill or stroke added to the path so you can see the underlying layers as you work. The path option looks like this on the toolbar (when the pen tool is active):

pathtool.jpg

Hello there.

In PS7 and other graphic softwares, you have to see what the ctrl key can give you especially with the pentool.
You have more "control" over the paths being created.

To see what's beneath, Dimoj was right, click on that button to see the path itself.

*before creating path to make selections, at the upper right hand bar choose the <two boxes colored gray> just to be sure that it is not inversed when you make a selection.

*press escape if you want to cancel all the paths created.
*<ctrl + alt + z> to undo it continually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back