Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help for a novoice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FurqanAhmed

Programmer
Oct 1, 2001
PK
Hi guys. I dont know a bit about assembly languages. So if you could help me in starting or if you could tell me how you started, i would appriciate it.
Thanx.

winwun

I started out just plain wanting to study assembly language. I went to a computer school which informed me that I had to learn C first. Which pissed me off, because C is for WIMP's (Window-Icon-Mouse Programs... hehehe). So I went away, bought myself a book, and learned it by myself, crashed my dad's office computer a couple of times, and got me grounded for a few months.

You WERE asking how I got started...

My suggestion is, try to look for a good book, such as "Assembly Language Inside & Out" Most good books on asm you'll find will be rather dated but hey ho you gotta go with what you've got. With a bit of work you can 'update' what you've learned. "Information has a tendency to be free. Which means someone will always tell you something you don't want to know."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back