Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help file doesn't show pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timme1

Technical User
Oct 6, 2002
BE
Hello,

I have a big problem at which I have spent hours of searching on. But I can't find the problem.

I created a html file in word, including png and jpeg pictures

then I created a helpfile with html help 1.3 and put it in my visual basic (6) application like it is told in
when I load the helpfile in the application, I can see the html file completely, but the pictures aren't loaded???

Does anyone know why and how I can fix this problem??

Thank you very much in advance those who can help me.

Timme

I use tyhe HTML help workshop with out problems. Here are the basic steps that I use.

1. Create the HTML pages using Front Page. Including all text and graphics. If everything displays as i would like in Front Page I have not had any problems.

2. Use the HTML help workshop to organize and compile my pages into an organized and logical presentation. Compile these into the .chm file.

3. Call the help files from VB with the following line.

Code:
Shell "hh.exe " & App.Path & "\" & App.HelpFile, vbNormalFocus

I have placed the name of the .chm file as the help file name on the general tab of the project properties.

I hope this helps. Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

When Word saves a file in HTML it does so by creating an .htm file and saves all images in a subdirectory with the name of the htm concatenated with "_files." Unfortunately, the htm file does not contain the full path to the images (its relative to the actual htm file) which HTML Workshop does not recognize when compiling.

You can manually edit the htm file and add the entire path to the image subdirectory and recompile.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back