Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP ... Exporting Data To An Excel Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanmc

Programmer
May 31, 2001
CA
Hello ...

I am trying to export data to an Excel spreadsheet based on specific date.

Let me explain what I'm thinking of doing ... On my form I have 6 input boxes, with the first one being 'Date'. I have also created a button that says 'Export Data to Excel'. When the user clicks the 'Export Data to Excel' button, a pop-up form appears that says select date. On this form, I want to create a drop-down combo box that contains the various dates as entered in the form. Once the user has selected a date, I want them to be able to click on a button that will then send and display the data in an Excel spreadsheet.

I have no idea how to do this and I would appreciate anyones help. Thank you very much.

Ryan.

See the Help topic "Exporting Data." This will give you the command line syntax for exporting data to an Excel sheet. Then see the topic "Shell." This will tell you how to launch Excel. Combine the two functions under your "Export Data" command button.

Uncle Jack

Thanks Uncle Jack,

But, how do I set it up to export data specifically by date?

Ryan.

Create a make-table query that uses the date field on the form as criteria. (Plade the form field address in the criteria line of the query, e.g. Forms!FormName!DateFieldName. If you have 6 date fields then use a different query for each field. (There are more elegant ways of doing this, but this is the easiest to understand.) After the table has been created you can export it to Excel.

Uncle Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back