Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[Help] Exporting Data from NCR Radiant Cash Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbxio

Technical User
Nov 29, 2017
US
I'm attempting to assist a friend with exporting their cash register data from an NCR Radiant register but I'm not having much luck! I have worked with many other register types and a majority, if not all, export the POS data in some form or another. But, with this NCR Radiant register, I can't seem to find any type of sql or xml files that represent all of this data, outside of shift reports! Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Hey AlohaRoss, thanks for the response!

In general, I would like to obtain as much merchandise-related data, as possible. More specifically:

- Category/Sub-Category/Department details
- Taxation info (percentage, applied departments / items)
- Barcode/PLU # data (#, name, size, department # association, retail, etc.)
- Any type of item group information / promotions (deals)
- Any other additional data like linked items, deposits, fees, etc.

There are reports you can run for some of this information under crystal reports
A lot of that will require some basic aloha knowledge to find.
Promos and comps you would have to look in that section to see exactly what they are and what is covered.
Taxes are the same, you would have to look in the tax section to see what each one is and what percent is applied

Item.dbf will list all the items, along with any bar cocdes numbers,
Categories can be found when you run the crystal reports. It can sort by sales catagories.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
reddit : rossabout

I'm not sure we are talking about the same systems. I should mentioned this is a NCR Radiant register with fuel support, used in a gas station / convenience store. The only software I have available to me that accesses the register is the Radiant Site Manager but, after going through every tab listed, nothing directly related to exportable CR data is available. I can view department data, but cannot export it. With item information, I can only view items based on sales through shift reports, which isn't close to what is actually setup in the register.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back