Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP! Explorer caused an invalid page fault in 015f:00401f31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello all I installed a program on a Win 98 computer and after the install I get an error as follows:
"Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module explorer.exe at 015f:00401f31"
Now I think its possibly a problem with the comctl32.dll. I did a rename but I cant seem to locate the setupw95.cab to extract the original. Can anyone tell me how in DOS mode to find the file? I am new to the command prompt. Also how do you run down a dir list slowly to see every file instead of it all coming up at once. Thanks all. I need the help.

click start --> run --> in the box type sfc and click ok. This is windows System File Checker. Choose to extract one file from installation disk. In the box type comctl32.dll and click start. In the box where it says Restore from : type in x:\win98 with x being your cdrom drive letter and insert your windows 98 cd. In the restore to box make sure it has c:\windows\system then click ok . It should give you the option to backup your current version, that is up to you.You should then get prompted that the file was restored and you need to restart to use the file. Restart.

In Dos i am not too sure how to find a specific file , but to slow down the dir list type in dir /w/p at the prompt. make sure there is a space between the r and /.

hope this helps good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back