Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help enabling Dualview on Toshiba Tecra 780DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmun

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2002
US
Hello.

Does anybody know if I can do any kind of firmware update or other method to enable Dualview for a Toshiba Tecra 780DVD laptop?

Here are specs on my laptop:
- Pentium II MMX 266mhz
- Windows XP Pro Operating System
- 128mb Ram... (yes... WinXP works on such a slow system)
- s3 ViRGE MX

Microsoft's Support page does not list the s3 ViRGE MX as compatible for dualview. But i'm not fully convinced... that if I have options for s-video, vga, and rca out... I think I should be able to do dual view, too...

Thanks! Earnie Eng
If you are born once, you will die twice.
If you are born twice, you will die once

what does that have to do with the firmware ?
and what do you mean by dualview ?
2 screen with seperate desktops ?
your laptop only has 1 gfx card, so all you can do is clone it to the outside port as well

I'm wondering if I can get 2 seperate views. (namely in PowerPoint) DualView is the term windows Help calls Dual Monitor... (see
I would like to enable the VGA out attached to the Projector to show the presentation, while the LCD display on the laptop can show the file I'm working on. (and I think allowing me to jump to different points in the PowerPoint presentation instead of an in-order traversal of the presentation.

Why I ask about firmware... because I have an "S3 ViRGE MX"... and wonder if that is just a gimped version of the S3 Savage MX... and that perhaps there is some kind of firmware update I can use to trick Windows XP into thinking it is an S3 Savage and enable the Dualview/Dual screen option.

Thanks Earnie Eng
If you are born once, you will die twice.
If you are born twice, you will die once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back