Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP !!! Drive mappings dissapear 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

larmanjw

MIS
Feb 8, 2001
US
Big problem... we are running in a mxed server environment. Netware 4.11,5 and NT4. We recently pushed out SMS 2.0, and now in one container out of 9 they loose their drive mappings. This only happens on NT workstations. They are running NT 4.0 w/ sp5. Has anyone out there seen this ??? Anyhelp would be appreciated..John

I have not seen this but have heard of people encoutnering problems. Since you did not mention which client version you were running, I would recommend that you install the latest Novell client. After you install the latest client, install Service Pack 6a from Microsoft for NT. 6a fixes a lot of bugs within NT and makes it more stable.

Give this a try. Make sure all of your Novell servers are patches up to the correct versions.

Mark C. Greenwood, CNE
m_jgreenwood@yahoo.com

CNE 4.11 and CNE 5 certified. BS Degree in MIS. Working in the industry for 8 years.

I work with NT servers, NDS for NT as well.

Thanks for the info... we are using Novell client 4.6 or 4.8. I will amke sure they have the 4.8, I also didn't think about the server !!! thanks again.. John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back