Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help dismissing Autodialler nag window wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloverdog

Technical User
Mar 4, 2008
GB
I have a button on an Access2003 database that calls autodialler to make a call to the number held in the text field of a form using:

Application.Run "utility.wlib_AutoDial", strPhoneNum

It works well but Autodialler then presents a window (or as I see it a nag) entitled “AutoDialler” showing the number to dial and 3 command buttons including <OK>.

I would like to automatically dismiss this window as if <OK> had been pressed.

A simple SendKeys after firing the autodialler from VBA won’t work since this would only run after autodialler has finished.

I have not used API windows functions a great deal and have no experience with threads.

Any ideas on dismissing this nag would be appreciated and save some R.S.I. from unnecessary mouse usage.

Many thanks

I must be missing something. You say:
A simple SendKeys after firing the autodialler from VBA won’t work since this would only run after autodialler has finished.
But you started out by saying that your code, I'm assuming VBA, calls:
Code:
Application.Run "utility.wlib_AutoDial", strPhoneNum

So how would SendKeys not work? Couldn't you toss in the sendKeys command right after the call to AutoDialer?

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Thank you for your response.

Yes I am using VBA for MS Access and did try placing a simple Sendkeys but this didn't run until after manually pressing the <OK> button on the window opened by Autodialler.

Did you first tell Access to set the active window to your other application? Oftentimes you have to do so. For that, you have to use some API calls, looking at the window handles, best I remember.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back