Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help designing a survey application

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottew

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2003
US
We are using Cold Fusion 7 and I don't a whole lot of experience with Cold Fusion, however I am trying to design a survey for one of our customers.

What I would like to do is have a start page and each time they answer a question, they hit next to go to the next page and answer the next question until they get to the end.

The last page would submit the survey and write the informatino to a SQL database.

If someone could point me in the right direction as far as storing the data in some variables to the end, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Scott

You could use the session scope. It is a temporary scope specific to each user. It is preserved across requests. To enable the scope create an Application.cfc file (preferred for MX7+).

Of course the session scope has a time limit. If a user takes a long lunch before completing the survey, chances are all information will be lost. The session will expire before they return.

Another option is to store all of the information in your database. Using a flag to identify completed surveys. An advantage is no information would be lost, but it would mean increased database storage.

----------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back