Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help deploying Oracle otd in ICAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncattanach

Programmer
Jul 26, 2007
IE
Hi, I'm using ICAN 5.0.5 and trying to add an Oracle connection to JCD. I think I've covered all the steps i.e. created Oracle OTD, added to JCD properties, added Oracle external system to connection map, linked them up - but no whatever I try I can't drop the connection into the system in the deployment map.

I'm not very familiar with Ican, but I have in the past managed to add new messages using custom otds, and there are existing oracle connections in the application, but this is driving me bananas. I dread contacting seebeyond support, so would be very grateful if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks,
John Cattanach

I believe you specified the wrong e-way kind. Maybe you saw the the popup menue asking you, whether its an input or output connection. In most cases you need an output connection(this means not that you only may writing to the database. Input connections are used for triggers). I also believe, that external system is configured correctly, but the default value of this curious popup is input and therefor not, what you expected.

seebeyond has a little bit a strange terminology.

I believe you've hit it on the head lieni - I worked my way through the manual and found I hadn't configured the connectors (pops up when double clicking on the tiny square), hadn't even realised they needed configuring.

Thanks

Hi John

I understand that you dread the seebeyond support, specially that the support guys waste your time. I never got a bug fixed or any usefull hints.

I had a bug (also in the oracle eway), "broken chain". The application server would have to reconnect and perform the jcd again. Of course I could not reproduce this behavior, so the support said to me, I have to plug-out the network cable. I work here in productive environnment. our hardware (solaris boxes) are in a computer center, where I have no admitance to.

regards
lieni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back