Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help!! Deleted /dev/loglv00 , how to restore?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

quattro5vt

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2002
US
I am in the process of setting up a new server. I created a second volume group called datavg, and created multiple logical volumes and filesytems within it. The loglv00 logical volume was deleted by accident, now when I try to mount the filesystems I get "mount: 0506-323 Cannot get information about log device /dev/loglv00." I then re-added the loglv00 and attempted the mount and received " mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/sll_temp on /sll: A system call received a parameter that is not valid." Is there any way to manually edit this with the apropiate fs information? A restore will not be possible since a mksysb or savevg has not yet been created. I could recreate the volume group and all that resides in it but I would only want to do this as a last resort. Thanks for your help.....

When you recreated the loglv, did you specify "jfslog" as the type? IBM Certified -- AIX 4.3 Administration
IBM Certified -- AIX 4.3 Support
IBM Certifiable!

Originally I didn’t. I just re-added it as a jfslog type and received the same error "mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/sll_temp on /sll: A system call received a par
ameter that is not valid" when attempting to mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back