Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!! Delay in retrieving messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

john82

Technical User
Mar 24, 2006
US
My MM 2.0 system (MSS Backend) is in trouble... There is signifficant delay while attempting to login to your mailbox. I dial the pilot number, it speaks the recorded name and prompts for password. After inputting the password, you can experience anywhere from 5 to 25 seconds of delay before the TUI comes back and states you have x new messages. Please help! Below is what I have done already.

1. I added a second MAS and ported it, taking the existing MAS offline. No change

2. I replaced the data switch on the private network. No change

3. I have upgraded to all the latest patches, no change.

4. I have performed multiple graceful reboots.

5. I did a FEDB rebuild

6. I removed the data switch on the private network and replaced it with a crossover cable.

7. I have swapped all ethernet cables.

8. I have disconnected the system from the corporate LAN. No change.

9. I have escalated to Tier 3 Avaya, and they cannot identify what the problem is either.

Short of replacing the MSS, I have done everything I can think of... This problem has been occuring for about a week and a half. Nothing has changed on our network within that time. If you need further details let me know what and I will respond.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Are you seeing any errors in the MAS app log or the MSS in admin log or alarm log?

Are you sure the priv lan is at the top of the list for LAN access?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back