Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP DEAD LDK 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

jezt

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2010
GB
Came in this morning and 3 of my ISDN/2 lines are flashing and my switchboard is dead.

No displays on the handsets.

Powered off/on, still no difference.

Pulled out/in all the boards, looked at the fuses.

Still no system.

Does anybody have any ideas or know of an engineer in the Essex area as our phone supplier has gone bust.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,
Jez,

Thanks Doktor, seems LG engineers are very hard to find.

Fortunately I had a spare cabinet, so I swapped all the boards over and its now working, so it was the PSU.

Not sure if we had a power spike or it just wore out!

Does raise the question as to if I should stick with the of LDK-100 or upgrade top a newer model.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Jez.

LG engineers are easier to find in Denmark!
Maybe you should search for a new PSU e.g. on eBay or from LG-Ericsson. In order to have spare parts.

///doktor

Odyssey Systems Ltd.
We have been installing and maintain LG Phones systems for over 25 years.
Some of the first LG Goldstar GSX are still running fine.
We are based in the north east of England but cover the whole of the UK.

You may try to repair it. If the main fuse is ok the suspected components are a 18V zener diode at the left corner(marked D18) and a 20R resistor(marked R19) in the same area. Near that area there are 2 electrolytic caps of 1000UF if they look inflated or misplaced above the pcb you may need to replace them.(C48 and C49). (B4 replacing check that the voltage on the main caps C8 C9 is near 0V if not wait or discharge them. Good luck.
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back