Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!! Database got locked and will not open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computethis

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2001
US
We have a Access 2000 database that has locked ALL of us out. We had a bad power outage and the file is indicating a user has the file as ownership. The Novell server ran during the power failure (good UPS on server) while it was being properly shut down however ALL the clients were shut down when the power failure hit (no UPS on clients)...

The server was restarted and still the database is completly locked up... I have dismounted the volume it resides on as well - completely restarted the server twice...

Can any one tell me a magical command line trick to open a lock database that is in Access 2000 format ????? We need this database opened this weekend so the design department can go back to work Monday Morning - if I have to restore Thursday backup we will loss a ton of work from Friday...

Thanks!!!!!

Mitch Bryant

Check if there is a ".ldb" file in the same directory as the database. If you find it you can delete it. It contains information about who has the database open.

If this don't work: create a new database and import all of the objects from the old db. If you have any global setting you have to configure that again (Start up settings etc.).

//Balor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back