Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP! Data Access Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keberhard

Programmer
Mar 11, 2002
US
We have an access database that is connected to our SQL Server. I would like to put this database online via Data Access Pages. I have created a page that is exactly the same as a form (look and data source) that we use in the database but I cannot get the data to update. My main questions are: 1. How can you get data to update by changing in on a data access page. 2. How do you allow for data entry on a data access page?
Also, do any of you know a good resource for learning this stuff? I'm not finding any of our books helpful...I would like to find online resources.
THANKS!

Keb: See my earlier comments. Unless someone comes on here and makes a better argument, you should be moving over to ASP.NET. I'm not sure if DAP's work on Netscape, do they? Anyway, I haven't spent time with DAPs but I can tell you that you build a very robust database with ASP.NET in a very short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back