Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!!! CRVIEWER is not displaying in VB.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMProgrammer

Programmer
Sep 12, 2003
US
I have a really weird problem. The CrViewer will not display in VB.NET code. I have instanciated the object (CRViewer) and I have made sure I have to correct calls to show the viewer. I even went so far as reloading Visual Studio .NET because I thought Crystal Reports library was corrupt. But after the reload, I still am unable to display CrViewer. Any thoughts on why it is not working? I do not get any real error message. It just won't display.

I'm having the same problem. I even copies and pasted the dll to system32 and registered "CRVIEWER9LIB". But it did not help.

Here is what the crystal reports people said:

If the Help | About dialogue box displays "Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET" and not "Crystal Reports 9 for Visual Studio .NET then we may need to deploy the merge modules that is shipped with VS 2003:

Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm
Crystal_RegWiz2003.msm
Crystal_managed2003.msm

If CR9 is installed on this computer, then it may be using the 9.2.3300 assemblies in the project and not the 9.1.5000 assemblies. Check this in the properties window for each CrystalDecisions reference in the project. If there are 9.2 assemblies, it may be necessary to download and distribute the CR9 merge modules and use CR9 keycode. Keep in mind that the original CR9.0 will not update the VS2003 IDE to CR9. You may need the release of CR9.2 that is compatible with VS2003.

If all of the references are 9.2.3300, then you may need to deploy the CR9NetRedist or the following merge modules: ReportEngine.msm License.msm (needs keycode similar to regwiz.msm) CRnetruntime.msm.

They also send this additional email:

Please check the version number of the CrystalDecisions.* references that your project is pointing to. To find out the version, do the following steps: 1. Open your project under VS .NET 2. Under Solution Explorer, expand the "references" folder underneath your project name 3. Click on each one of CrystalDecisions.* reference, and select "Properties" 4. The last property should be the "version"

If the versions are all 9.1.5000.0, please include the merge modules that Ganesh listed in the previous email, into your setup project. If the versions are all 9.1.3300.0, please include the following merge
modules:
- Database_Access.MSM
- Database_Access_enu.MSM
- RegWiz.MSM
- Managed.MSM
- VC_CRT.MSM (if you're using ADO.NET datasets)
- VC_STL.MSM (if you're using ADO.NET datasets)

I doubt you'll have 9.2.3300.0, since you do not have Crystal Reports 9 (stand alone) installed on your machine. And make sure that you grab the keycode from the Help > About Microsoft Development Environment menu in the VS .NET IDE. The long string beside "Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET" is the one you want to paste into RegWiz.msm(if 9.1.3300.0) or Crystal_RegWiz2003.msm (if 9.1.5000.0).

If you have further questions regarding this issue, please let us know. Thank you very much. Best Regards, Seungjoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back