Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help creating vector globe

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedbamber

Technical User
Mar 10, 2011
GB
Hello

I need a little advice on how to create a vector globe in Illustrator CS5 so that the countries and sea can both be filled in different colours. Attached is a simple drawing I did of a globe and I would like to create it in vector form.

Using the circle tool, I created the outline. However, I have not found away to attach inner paths to the outline, such as the bit of South America at the bottom left. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance
Tom

...you shouldn't need to attach the green areas to the edges all you need to do is think in layers and utilise a clipping path that is an ellipse shape, the blue sea will be another full ellipse colored blue sat underneath the green parts...the clipping path will define the edge so you just need to extend the green off the edges and also the blue sea too...

andrew

============
============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back