Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help creating report in Lotus/ Domino database

Status
Not open for further replies.

123456789okey

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2003
US
I am trying to figure out how complex a report i need created will be and how much time to estimate for it's development.
I am attempting to get a report created that queries 2 fields in a lotus/domino database for any occurence of a name and return the entry associated with that name. The query is for all occurences within a date range with the result displayed in chronological order.
The estimate and complexity of my report is the more important information i need at the moment. If you can also assist me with guidance how to go about creating this report, that will be appreciated too.
Thanks.

Basically what you need is a view presenting your documents in chonological order. That takes half an hour to set up.

Then you need to write an agent that will iterate through the view and select which documents to work on based on the date. Give it 3 hours.

Then you need to expand the agent to do the field queries and "return" the values you want in some other form. Depending on what you wish to do (mail a document, export to Excel, . . .) this can take anywhere between an hour and a day.

Basically, we're talking about two days of work - if you have experience in Notes development.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back