Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help creating Query in Query Builder 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

YANKRAY

Technical User
Nov 7, 2003
Using CE10

I am not familiar with creating Queries in Query Builder and need help with the SQL.

I am trying to query the date and time when a report was last run (SI_LAST_RUN_TIME Property).

With this information I would like to bring back the Folder (and or Subfolder where the report was run and the Name of the report.

Can anyone provide the SQL to use in Query Builder?

Thanks,
Ray

Hi,
The advantage of Query Builder is that it will write the SQL for you when you point and click the parts you want.

If the particular items are not listed, the pick those that are and add,by editing the SQL shown the additional objects you want to see.

Or you can have it return ALL info on a given report and read the ones you need.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Below is the query I created, but Query Builder is saying it is not valid.

SELECT SI_ID, SI_NAME, SI_LAST_RUN_TIME, FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_PROGID = 'CrystalEnterprise.Report'

Can you correct it?

It works without the SI_LAST_RUN_TIME, part in it.

Thanks,
Ray

Remove the comma before from

SELECT SI_ID, SI_NAME, SI_LAST_RUN_TIME FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_PROGID = 'CrystalEnterprise.Report'

Ian

Ian,

Thanks,I am getting results from my query now.

The SI_NAME is giving me Folder names.
I am trying to get report names.

What is the SI_ for the Report Titles?

Thanks,
Ray

I think I am getting it now.

I am only getting 1000 reports at a time.
Can that be increased?

Also, how to I Select reports from a specific folder?

An example folder name is "EVMS 2011"

Thanks

I am not familiar with database.

Try

SELECT * FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_PROGID = 'CrystalEnterprise.Report'

This will bring back all fields and you should then be able to decide which fields you want in your query and which field to set as = 'EVMS 2011'

Ian

If you want more that 1000 rows. You have to put in TOP (number of rows) in the select statement to get more rows. After about 5000 rows, you could get a timeout error.

Thanks Ian,

I think I have the hang of it now.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back