Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help creating Access-list for outside access in to server ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

belyache

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2002
US
I am able to create an access-list to access a server on the inside interface of my pix while using a static IP address. However, I am also configuring a PIX with DHCP client enabled on the outside interface (the PIX get an address from modem).

How do I translate from a outside DHCP address to the internal address?

Currently I am using this access-list and static statement for my static site:

(10.0.0.2 is the internal server address)
static (inside,outside) tcp interface smtp 10.0.0.2 smtp netmask 255.255.255.255

(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the static address of the outside int)
access-list outside_access_in permit tcp any host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx eq smtp

access-group outside_access_in in interface outside

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Glenn Belyea
belyache@yahoo.com

What is it you are trying to accomplish?
Are you trying to change your mail static when your outside interface ip changes?

also, what kind of pix?

Sorry if I was vague:

I have a PIX 501 IOS 6.2 PDM 2.02.

I have a LAN using Small Business Server. The Server has Exchange, Terminal Services, and IIS. I want to be able to access the each of these services from the internet.

I am running a service from "No-IP" to associate my IP to a domain name. So I can get to my domain using this domain name, we'll call it belyache.com.

So I send a request to I want my web server to be the only server on the network to receive my request.

With my PIX 506e, I am using the statements I posted before, of course with the proper ports being opened, 25, 80, 3389, etc. But my 506e is using a static IP.

Sorry if I rambled on.

Thanks for your help,

Glenn Belyea
belyache@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back