Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help converting VbaProject.OTM to COM Add-In

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDAtNorthStar

Programmer
Oct 24, 2001
US
Hi all,

I have some fairly simple VBA code that uses the Application_ItemSend event to check every email a user sends and performs an action under certain circumstances. I need to implement the code on about 15 different workstations and I would like to do it as a COM Add-In instead of distributing the VBAProject.OTM to each PC.

My question is 2 part.

1) How do I get my code to work as an Addin? I have VB6 and followed a Microsoft example from KB 238228 to create an Addin that displays a message box when an Office product opens. This is all well and good but I don't know how to trap the ItemSend event. I'm guessing I'll need to use WithEvents but I'm not sure. Any help would be immensely appreciated!

2) Once part 1 is accomplished, I need to figure out how to register it on each PC. I know VB6 automatically registers it on the developers PC when it is compiled but I don't know what keys it adds.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

My problem has been solved and the answers are in this thread:

thread222-641411

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back