Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help converting data from SQL table

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowester

MIS
Apr 20, 2007
US
Good Morning.. I'm using crystal to report off a sql database.. there is a duration field which is minutes but it pulls x,xxx,xxx.xx with a formula how do I convert that to minutes?

thanks for any help!! conversions make my head hurt

Hi,

Are you saying that your duration in minutes field displays as millions to two decimal places?

So are you expecting to see duration on the order of camera shutter speeds or the amount of time it takes to walk around the block or the time it would take a space ship to get to the nearest star or on the order of what?

If the duration is displayed in minutes, then to convert to minutes you multiply by 1.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

For example.. a duration field shows 5 minutes on the form.. the sql table is showing 300,000.00 when i report from crystal.. how do i convert the field to show 5 instead?

Well, your original question was very impossible to understand, with x,xxx,xxx.xx which could have been ANYTHING.

Skip,
[sub]

By deduction there are ...

5 minutes * 60 seconds/minute = 300 seconds

1000 milliseconds/second * 300 seconds = 300,000 milliseconds.

Skip,
[sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back