Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! Contribute 3.1 can't edit my Dreamweaver 8 file built with CSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckdesign

Technical User
Sep 21, 2001
US
Using Dreamweaver 8, I have slaved over a page that is built almost entirely out of CSS, including dropdown menus. I'm very excited that the page seems to work beautifully in all browsers. Since my client is going to be updating the site using Contribute 3.1, I figured I'd test the homepage in Contribute on my Mac... but to my horror, nothing but the header graphic appears!

After the screen redraws, the rest of the page does appear... but nothing is editable. Clicking in the text area only makes everything disappear again, and I can't get select any of the text.

I previously built one other site in CSS using Dreamweaver, and it was compatible with Contribute (with only a few minor bugs). Is there something in my CSS that is causing this problem? Does it matter that my other site had an external stylesheet, but this one has the styles embedded in the page?

Please don't tell me I have to rebuild the site using HTML tables!!

URL:

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Chuck

-- Chuckdesign :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back