Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP configuring an auto named table entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

cindyhnv

Programmer
May 19, 2004
US
I'm trying to provide a user accessable database that allows a user to upload a photo, give the photo a name, and will then display the photo on a web site. I'm concerned that if more than one user uploads a picture, and names it the same name, that the files will be overwritten. Is there a way I can let the user upload their photo, call it whatever they want, but have the Table generate a unique name that the photo is actually stored under?

Thanks for your help,
Cindyhnv

Isn' this like when you try to register yourself on Hotmail or Yahoo? The system just rejects your name and waits for you to try a new name. You could get the system to try and construct new names but what's the point - this is for people so why not get the people to choose a meaningful name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back