Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP: Comparing data from two tables using ACCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

claudz

MIS
Jun 2, 2003
PH
Hi everyone. First of all i'm a beginner in access that's why i need help from you guys.

Basically i need to compare the email addresses from table 1 from table 2. And i need to do the following:

1.If there are similar email addresses from both tables there would be a result showing the list of common addresses.

2. Another list would show the uncommon email addresses.

My problem is, how will i be able to compare data from two diff. tables? and get the following results. Can someone help me out witht he code or maybe give me the step by step process how. Thanks!

You should just be able to use the built in "Find Duplicates" query to find "common" addresses. Anything else is then, by default, different. I'd use queries rather then code for this. You also, may be better off asking this is none of the access forums on this site

Rgds
Geoff
Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back