Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help color codes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2002
US
does any one have the att or bell color codes for 66 blocks
for 50 and 100 pairs ,thats four blocks stacked with
25 per block one side only ?

There are several type of blocks refered to as 66 blocks most only hold 25 pair.
The most common type has four columns and 50 rows. Columns 1 & 2 (from left to right) of each row are connected as are columns 3 & 4. The intent is to punch one cable on to column 1 and another on to column 4 and place a bridging clip between column 2 & 3 to complete to circuit. 2 rows are required per pair. This is the illistrated at the URL that RACKMASTER post.
Most of blocks with 25 rows that I've seen are used as a building entrance with carbon protectors built in. Here column 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 are connected in each row. Here only one row per pair is used.
There are other blocks that hold up to 100 pair but have Amphonal connectors to connect a cable with an amphonol end to a punch termination.
Any rate the color is the same. The colors for a 25 pair are below and repeat in larger cables. In a 50 pair cable, pairs 1-25 will be wraped with a blue ribbon or thread and pairs 26-50 with orange ribbon or thread. In 100 pairs 51-75 are wrapped in green and 76-100 are in a brown wrap.
White/blue
w/orange
w/green
w/brown
w/slate
red/blue
r/orange
r/green
r/brown
r/slate
black/blue
b/orange
b/green
b/brown
b/slate
Yellow/blue
y/orange
y/green
y/brown
y/slate
violet/blue
v/orange
v/green
v/brown
v/slate

I use this to remember.

Blue Orange Green Brown Slate

White 1 2 3 4 5

Red 6 7 8 9 10

Black 11 12 13 14 15

Yellow 16 17 18 19 20

Violet 21 22 23 24 25

Top is easy for me to remeber, left side I use Washington Redskins bring you victory. Keep the color code in mind when dealing with groups and super groups, this chart should make it easy to go up to 600 pair of cable.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back