Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help !!!!! Cognos Upfront - NewsItem Security 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

u253458

Programmer
Jun 4, 2003
US
Hi,

I am working on publishing some of the cubes thru cognos Upfront. In development, Upfront, I have setup the security for NewsItems. I have setup the security in upfront. The reason, I did was that, I want to make sure that if someone is member of certain user class, In upfront you see only what that user class is acuthorized.

Does anyone know, when I setup the security for Newsitems using upfront and Click save over there. Where does this information get stored(folder) and what's the file extension?

Thanks in Advance

U253458

All that information is embedded in the encrypted datastore for Upfront. Unfortunately there is no easy way to report who has security to what objects.

First, to 'enable' security in Upfront, you must go to the Administration tool and set the NewsIndex administrator and Server administrator. Next, if you want to do any auditing on security, you can go to the COgnos Support site and download a 'non-supported' application called 'Access Reporter'. This will provide you with a newsitem by newsitem list of who has access: Read, Write, Execute and Owner.

Flex

Nice tip flex. I'm giving you a star on it!

Regards,

Dave Griffin

The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]
Want good answers? Read FAQ401-2487 first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back