Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help...clients requesting ID files and fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

samjoy

Programmer
Apr 28, 2009
GB
Hi I have a client that has requested the Indesign file for a project I did, and another client has asked for the fonts for a design I did. On of the fonts they chose and paid license for which I bought on their behalf and another is a paid font on my system.
I know I cant or wont give them the system font but am I ok to send them the one I bought for their project. Also is it common practice to give out ID files on request, bit of a sticky area I think?

many thanks

Sam

they paid for it. depends on if you had a contract with them that stated you held on to source files.

but other than that they have a right to the source materials and everything they paid you for.

Darryn Cooke
| Marketing and Creative Services

If you are complying with typical licensing, you will remove the purchased font from your computer when you turn over the font file to them.

Now would be a really good time to review your work contract and specify the handling of source design files before you begin work with another client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back