Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP Changing dataset in a Recordset 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kusi

Instructor
Oct 26, 2001
CH
Hi
I have in page 1 a dataset with 5 datasets. On the same page, I append with a form data to another dataset, changing to page 2 (indicating the results of a test). From there, I would go back to page one and change in the same time to the second dataset, then page 2 - page 1 with 3d dataset and so on.

I tried a lot, but I don't find a solution that works.

From waht i read u need an testing solution.
So u need to use Session variables cuz it's more secure to store your current dataset.
The steps that i see for this solution are:
1.The student logs in and then go to page1.asp.Here in the login page u need to initializa the session variable like Session("curr_test")=1 to point to the first test.
2.In the page1.asp u need to get from your database the questions related to the Session("curr_test") value witch is 1 at the first time.
3.In the Result.asp page u show the result, check if they are at end and:
if they not point Session("curr_test") to the next test and then redirect the user to the page1.asp Response.Redirect("page1.asp"),
if they are redirect to the end page who eventually log out the student
4.Repeat step 2 and 3 till u reach finish
If u need more details plase tell us... ________
George, M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back