Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!! Can't restart MIS service

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekermestrovich

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2002
US
When trying to restart MIS service I receive error message: 'The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service returned server specific error 4294966781.'

I still have about 5g available on drive. Is it due to limited disk restrictions?

Read your event logs and you should find out what happened. How big is your priv.edb? Is it 16GB on Exchange Standard?

<signature sold subject to contract>

It appears you anti-virus software is scanning your .edb files. If that is so then your best option is to do a recovery and then make sure that you exclude all exchange items from being scanned. You could try and run the eseutil's and I would probably try that first but they are dangerous.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

It is not due to your disk space because that would have to get down to about 10 MB or lower.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

As suggested above, article 262375 has part of your answer. The solution is to first configure your antivirus software to exclude the Exchsrvr\mdbdata folders on all drives. You can then restore the quarrantined transaction log files and restart the IS.

You should be running NAV for Exchange to protect your e-mail system from viruses, if you aren't already. There are other folders that should be excluded from scanning: on all drives, exclude the following folders in the Exchsrvr folder: imcdata, mtadata, dsadata. Also, exclude the program files\navmse\temp if you are running NAV for exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back