Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help!!! Can't get to any Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

pio

MIS
Aug 24, 2000
US
My company has a SonicWall XPRS2 firewall and we just purchased the VPN upgrade. I'm having problems getting getting any of the machines to access the servers. I can pig them but I cannot connect to them...I can't even see anything in Network Neighborhood. I called SonicWall support but they keep telling me, "if you can ping the machines then your connection is established and we cannot go any further." They sent me the "Configuring Windows Networking for the SonicWall Client" PDF file, I did everything it said but that still doesn't help me. I don't know where else to go for help so if you folks can hlp me out I'd greatly appreciate it...

Thanks in advance,
Ray

Are you trying to use the VPN client? You may need to add the network WINS server to the local machine if you are using Windows. Another is to edit your LMHOSTS file on the local remote machine to include the domain controllers, WINS server, etc. The domain controller would have the #PRE and #DOM options on the line. I use the Tele2 with a hardware VPN to my ProVX at work and have the corporate WINS servers in my TCPIP settings. Logging in to a Windows network uses NETBIOS normally, so allow NETBIOS through the VPN. I have set up the VPN client and added a line for the Exchange server for my boss in order to use Outlook at home through his cable modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back