Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!! Can't connecting to a v880 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

McQueen

Technical User
Feb 13, 2003
GB
Hello all,

I'm having touble connecting to a sunfire V880 server I can't seem to ping or telnet using IP. I can't get to the console as the box is in a remove office. I've got a user to check if network card using the ifconfig -a command and the connection is up and running (So he said). I also got him to type the following commands to check the connection.

#ndd /dev/ge link_status
#ndd /dev/ge link_speed
#add /dev/ge link_mode

I'm going to have to talk through how to setup the alom so I can get access to the box, but i was wondering if any of you guy's have any ideas of what it could be?.

I've got the network guys to check the port on the switch it plugged into and he says the ports fine.

I don't know what ot do now?.

Thanks for any help you can provide

are you ping it from a system on the same subnet? this would take the network appliances out of the loop as being an issue.

I always "snoop" to see what packets I see, particularly one can determine the right network/vlan or any packets at all.
Always use the -d option to specify the network device.

Thanks djr111,

I'm am pinging the system from the same subnet, I can get to other systems at the same location I just can't get the this particular system.

And

elgrandeperro i'll try snoop and let you know.

The problem has been resolved apparently the newwork guy lied there was a problem with the port on the switch. sorry to bother you guy's but thanks for all your help

McQueen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back