Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help bringing up image in Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbobruns12

Technical User
Jun 30, 2004
US
Ok I've created this real estate database and have a search form process where by a person can type in an area and search for properties and get a list of them with details and such. However on the search details form I would like to allow people to click a command button and it automatically creates a cover page with the name of the property and an image of the property in the top right corner. The way I have set up calling up the images through the forms is instead of storing the picture in the db and slowing the whole thing down I have instead saved the image path and Access uses this to call up the picture in an unbound frame box. The code is like this

Private Sub Form_Current()
On Error Resume Next
If Not IsNull(Me![ImagePath]) Then
Me![ImageFrame].OLETypeAllowed = 1
Me![ImageFrame].SourceDoc = Me![ImagePath]
Me![ImageFrame].Action = 0

End If
End Sub

However when I try to put this code into the report on the open executor it calls up the image path fine but does not then show the image. Is there a different way I need to approach this? Thanks for your help

Not really I can't get that to work, any other ideas?

What happened? It should work. Please post the code you tried. Did you put code into the report instead of on the form?

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244. Basics at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back